Road Trip - Ladispoli

 

We went to a city about 45 minutes northwest of Rome called Ladispoli. It poured down rain on the way there and on the way back. But we did have a beautiful view out of the balcony of the Sister's apartment that we visited.


I took this picture because I thought the cute tiles placed amongst the bricks was a nice touch.
After we visited two apartments, both an Elders apartment and a Sisters apartment, it was time for lunch. Around the corner from the Elders apartment was this nice pizza shop that sold pizza by the slice. It was 1 Euro per slice! Richard's (on the left) had sausage and he said maybe some pear (they like to put pears on pizza). Mine was described as "insalata e polli" so salad and chicken. Richard thought it was chicken salad, but it wasn't like any chicken salad I've ever had. It was REALLY good. I'm glad I took the gamble and got something I wasn't sure about.  

On the drive home (before the rain started again) I took a few pictures. Not terribly scenic, but I wanted to show what pine trees look like in Italy. See that umbrella shaped tree in the middle of the picture? That is a pine tree!


This was not taken on our little road trip, but a couple of days ago from our balcony. See the rainbow? It is a nice reminder that after our storms come the rainbows. Ciao!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rome Temple

I'm always over weight, with my luggage that is.

Let's all panic!