Castles!

My dad would say, "I took a shortcut". It was a running joke that his "shortcut" would take longer. When I was a kid I thought this was just an adventure. As I grew I realized that he just got lost and took a different route. Now, I am trying to navigate my way around Italy. We have taken a lot of "shortcuts". I had heard about a castle I wanted to visit. I had looked it up on the internet and found the address. When it came to drive there, rather than put in the address I just put in the name of the castle. "Bracciano Castello". Who knew there would be more than one. Not me. We ended up in a beautiful little village called San Gregorio Da Sassola. It did indeed have a castle and two lovely little churches and wonderful little streets to walk down. It was a win.


 There really was a castle!
     
Just walking around the little village
  
The sweet little church. It was so simple, but so beautiful.
           


 Looking down at the road, then looking out to the view.

   

They had a public park that was lovely. I took a picture of this tree. I thought it looked like a giraffe.



Walking along and every once in a while there would be a small piazza with these tile designs on it.
        




The larger more elaborate church. I'm not sure what year these churches were constructed.
    
 
Our last view of San Gregorio Da Sassola



Comments

  1. What a cool “mistake”! I love the castle pictures and the cobblestone mosaics.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Rome Temple

I'm always over weight, with my luggage that is.

Let's all panic!