Malta August 2021

 Malta August 2021

Some of the beautiful scenes from our trip to Malta. I will try and give captions where Blogger will let me, or I should say where I know how to do it. 😀


 

 

Because Malta is a former British Commonwealth you can see a lot of those influences. Like driving on the left and fish and chips on mushy peas.

  

  

Mosta is the largest city in Malta. It has this lovely basilica they call the Rotunda 

Going up! Going down!



The capital of Malta is Valletta. A beautiful city with a lot to see.

Notice how thick the walls are? Malta has been attacked and fought over for hundreds of years.


Our Lady of Victory Church. Valletta's First Church 1566.



At noon everyday they shoot the cannons on top of the fort. Back in the day they did it because not everyone had working clocks and they did it three times a day.

   





We went on a boat ride around Malta (well not ALL of Malta) it was beautiful!

            Probably my favorite picture


Day 3 of Malta we spent most of our time in Mdina walking around seeing cool things.

We started out eating a traditional Malta favorite. Mine had ricotta in it Richard's had mushy peas.

We went to the spot where the modern day apostles dedicated Malta for missionary work.


Carmelite Priory - Mdina

 

Walking around with the Merrimans

 



  


They take not wearing your mask very seriously.






 





My salad was basically some greens with a LOT of smoked salmon. 😋 



These stairs were built for getting off your horse without touching the ground.


Since Malta had a lot of pirates, I'm thinking some buried treasure is under this X.



Comments

  1. I love your pictures of Malta! It looks amazing. And there was definitely treasure under that X. Did you pull an Indiana Jones and break it open? Although, I'm not sure I'd want to go in a tunnel with all those rats, in spite of the potential treasure...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Malta looks awesome. That rotunda was cool!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Rome Temple

I'm always over weight, with my luggage that is.

Let's all panic!